Thursday 4 June 2020

Sweet Dreams

Things I know:
  • Ivie rarely has insomnia. 
  • He is much less crabbit than I am.

Last week we were staying up a bit later than usual. With the warmer weather and lighter nights, it felt like those days in the summer holidays where you didn't want to go to bed and would rather play outside for another three and a half hours.

Midge Repellent Firepit

But cows still need fed. So, Ivie gets up at the usual time and I roll over and have another forty winks.

I've been lucky that during lockdown I've been able to work from home. My commute into the village is only usually three minutes, to be fair, but working from a desk in the hallway means that my hair doesn't need to be brushed (or washed for that matter...), my top and bottom halves don't have to match and I can be as smart or as scruffy as I like. But let's be honest, even my smart edges towards other people's scruffy...

Giblin HQ

Since Ivie has been getting less sleep than usual, he's been having the odd nap on the sofa. He has the remarkable ability of falling asleep within a breath and a half. At lambing time, it's even less. Towards the end of lambing we were watching TV and he said, "I think I'll have a nap". Before I'd even had time to turn round and acknowledge him, he was sleeping soundly. (And that was during Countryfile so he must have been tired.)

If I've had less than my eight hours, I get a bit crabbit and oversensitive. At peak lambing, Ivie comes to bed at 3am, gets up again at 7am and never complains. I'm not quite sure how he does it. 

Just another reason that it's a good thing I work in an office and not on the farm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! It will appear after it's been approved.