Saturday 14 March 2020

Home Sweet Home

Things I Know
It feels like home


I've lived at the farm for about two and a half months now. Not very long in the scheme of things but in some ways it feels like I've always been here. 

My brother came to visit last weekend. It was the first time he'd been here in daylight so we went for a walk around with Isa the border collie. My brother has always taken loads of photos and is good at spotting the little things that make up the day. 

My wellies and leggings at the back door
He sent me a few and one of the things that struck me was that I looked relaxed and at home. I'm not just visiting, I live here! 

I mentioned in an earlier post that I never thought I'd live with anyone again. There was lots about living on my own that I loved and my independence was hard won. But then Ivie came along and changed my mind. 

It's been a while since either of us has had a housemate so we're figuring it out as we go along. And every day I realise how lucky I am to live: 
  • with someone that makes me laugh every day and puts up with me laughing at my own (hilarious) jokes. 
  • next door to Ivie's family that include me in things and don't make me feel stupid when I don't know about farm life.
  • somewhere with views like this a few minutes' walk from my back door (with a borrowed collie).


So, it looks like Ivie and The Spittal are stuck with me for a while. Even the cat's decided she's staying. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! It will appear after it's been approved.